G. Robert Wagner is a part of the fabric that makes Lancaster County authentic and unique. Born and raised in Lancaster City, he is the descendant of Pennsylvania “Dutch” or German ancestors that settled this location.
Wagner had just graduated from college when he was assigned to illustrate the official Lancaster County Seal in 1976 for the Bicentennial. What a start to a successful career in design!
After years in the design business, Wagner decided he wanted to put his efforts into expressing what he loves and what makes his heart sing: the charm of Lancaster County.
It started with a simple idea: When you shop in Lancaster county, wouldn’t it be nice to take home something created by a local artist?
All designs are inspired by local or traditional artwork such as patterns on an Amish quilt. All shirts are designed and printed locally by G. Robert Wagner.
There are many places to find shirts and posters by Authentic Lancaster including:
1. Plain & Fancy Farm Restaurant & Gift Shop, 3121 Old Philadelphia Pike, Intercourse, PA 717-768-4400
2. Shady Maple Smorgasbord & Gift Shop, 1324 Main Street, East Earl, 717-354-4981
3. Bird-In-Hand Bake Shop, 542 Gibbons Road, Bird-In-Hand, 717-656-7947
4. Lancaster Central Market, Old Lancaster Square, Lancaster, 717-285-4795
5. Amish Farm & House, 2395 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, 717-394-6185
6. The Amish Village, Route 896, Strasburg, 717-687-8511
Look for the Lancaster Authentic label and take home a part of the heritage from Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.